LEEWAY® — Midpoint Bridge Toll Facility
The Midpoint Memorial Bridge and Toll Facility opened to traffic on October 19, 1997. This provided a much needed and highly anticipated East/West Corridor between Fort Myers and Cape Coral.
Midpoint Lane Dimensions:
- Lane Height: 17 ft 6 in
- Lane #1 Open Road Tolling Lane: Width = 15 ft to flex stakes ( 5 additional ft to wall)
- Lane #2 Booth Lane: Width = 11ft
- Lane #3 Booth Lane: Width = 11ft
- Lane #4 Booth Lane: Width = 11ft
- Midpoint Memorial Bridge is one and one quarter of a mile long, shore to shore. Travelers experience a magnificent view of the Caloosahatchee River and the Four Mile Cove E.C.O. Park Preserve when crossing into Cape Coral.
- Midpoint Memorial Bridge is 81 Ft. wide. It has two east and two west bound lanes with breakdown lanes in both directions.
- There is a 55 Ft. vertical clearance for boats and a clearance width of 200 Ft. in the shipping channel.
- The Midpoint Memorial Toll Facility has a total of six lanes west bound with LeeWay Electronic Toll Collection and three attended booth lanes (for oversized loads, change & receipts) and three dedicated lanes or open road lanes for LeeWay and SunPass account holders.
- One Way Tolling became effective November 1, 2007, charging $2.00 westbound only over the Cape Coral and Midpoint bridges.
- Average daily toll paying traffic processed is approximately 20,000 vehicles (collected in the westbound direction).
- Annual traffic processed is approximately 7,400,000 vehicles